Basem has over 15 years of experience in the real estate industry where he was intimately involved in the acquisitions, developments and dispositions of over $1 Billion in real estate assets throughout North America. In 2011, Basem founded Almega Corp. which focuses on the acquisition, development and operations of income producing assets and property management of third-party assets. Basem has grown Almega’s asset management business to over $50 Million in equity under management and over $200 Million in assets under development/management. Simultaneously, he has grown the property management business to over 150 third party units under management.
Co-Founder & Board Member
• Bachelor and Master of Accounting (MAcc): University of Waterloo
• 15 years of experience in the financial services industry including roles as a Senior Accountant and Senior Manager, Financial Services with KPMG Canada
• Licensed Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA).
COO (Incoming Spetember)
Jodi brings over 20 years of real estate experience, including executive leadership, team development and the execution of complex projects. Jodi has extensive experience in retail and mixed-use development, acquisitions, and leasing. Jodi has entitled over 12.5 Million square feet for future mixed-use developments and has delivered over 5 Million square feet of income producing developments; ranging in budgets from $5 Million to over $400 Million. She holds a Master of Science degree in Planning from the University of Toronto and is a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Urban Land Institute.
Adele has served as a senior financial executive for over 35 years in multi-use commercial real estate, P3 infrastructure project development and asset management. As assets under management grew from $66 Million to over $1.3 Billion, Adele has a successful track record of securing and managing complex, multi layered project debt/equity financings and operating bank facilities. . P3 projects included the Billy Bishop Pedestrian Tunnel, residences for York University and CAMH, and the refurbishment of 13 hotels for social assisted housing in B.C..
VP, Acquisitions, Asset Management
As VP of Acquisitions, Spencer has lead acquisition and disposition efforts for $200 Million of assets under development and management, completed OPA and ZBA applications, sourced and negotiated $22 Million in financing facilities for land acquisitions, construction projects and stabilized assets. Spencer has lead development consultant teams, and construction projects through to substantial completion and occupancy.
• 10 years of experience in real estate accounting including commercial and residential development, construction and management
• B.Com Honours in Accounting and Finance from McMaster University
• When asked what she enjoys most about her job, Winnie spoke of the key role she plays driving Almega’s growth and success.